Wednesday, April 1, 2009

PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBIT AT CAFFE LADRO





Just got back from hanging my first photography exhibit at Caffe Ladro in the Issaquah Highlands. My able assistant, Darcy, and I found it a bit challenging but fun. Try hanging 19 pictures without using a single nail. There was a series of hooks we were required to use which involved a little more 'engineering' than I would have liked - but after 3 hours and lots of effort (and balancing on a display case), the pictures are hanging. Shelly, the manager, has been very supportive and I am booked there for four months. At intervals I will be rotating new collections and hopefully, the process will go much more smoothly next time.

I have to thank Darcy for encouraging me to take this step. Because of her encouragement I now have two more exhibits scheduled. I'll be hanging in the Bellevue 8th Street Starbucks in June and at Madison Park Cafe in Seattle next January.


My next task is to take more photographs!! This winter weather has done nothing to inspire me. If you're out Issaquah way, run up to the highlands and take a look.


Caffe Ladro
10th Ave NE, Issaquah, WA‎















1 comment: